I think I’ve been stalling on this beautiful session. Because I can’t find the right words. In fact, words fail me still.
I know alot of people are following the Walker story. I’m not going to tell it here as it is not my story to tell. But if you have been following Janine’s blog you’ll know how important these photos are to her, and to Andy. Janine has already been capturing all the good times since the boys arrived and her photos and updates are just so wonderful, funny and completely heartwarming. The only thing that is missing is photos with her in them! Like most mummy photographers we are always behind the camera. I’m so glad she had the courage to do this and I’m so glad she asked me. What I couldn’t believe is how well they fit, how natural they are together in such a short time. Some things and some families are just destined to be. I can’t dwell on this too long as I get a wee bit teary. Good tears. These are the most adorable wee boys I have ever met. And Santa will be getting copies of all these photos of course as promised.
Murlough Beach looked stunning bathed in the low sunlight of November. The winds of the Irish sea were very cold though and I’m glad the boys were hopped up warm in the woollies. Btw: how cute are those outfits? Trust J to pull off the most stylish family shoot ever!
I know this song is special for Janine. It couldn’t be more true for this session and I couldn’t find words better than this.
“When the rain
Is blowing in your face
And the whole world
Is on your case
I could offer you
A warm embrace
To make you feel my love
When the evening shadows
And the stars appear
And there is no – one there
To dry your tears
I could hold you
For a million years
To make you feel my love
I know you
Your mind up yet
But I would never
Do you wrong
I’ve known it
From the moment
That we met
No doubt in my mind
Where you belong.
I could make you happy
Make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn’t do
Go to the ends
Of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love, To make you feel my love”
Some funny things:
• I’m sure Will was looking at me like I was a crazy woman when I sang Rihanna for him.
• We nearly left the car and went to the beach without Jack.
• Janine and Andy had the dogs in the car, then drove back to leave the dogs off, realising that this extra element of craziness might give me a nervous breakdown.
• Janine and Andy were half an hour late to their own photography session. Totally unacceptable behaviour!! lol! ;)
• I had to photoshop the damp patches out of Andy’s trousers after I made them sit down at the beach. I am totally to blame for this and take full responsibility for this. I brought the photoshopping upon myself. But I reckon, those photographs were worth it.
• I did also wipe Will’s nose a few times in photoshop. I might not have got all of it, but I figured Mummy can clean up anything I missed later. (Perks of having photographer’s family session).
• Janine tweeted that Will might be a bit of a ‘Father Jack’ character. I’m saying nothing but this did make me laugh alot whilst editing the pics.
• Charlie ‘dinosaur-attacked’ me and my camera to the ground.
• I think it might have been Charlie that touched Alfie. Just a random guess.
• Maud’s icecream was mentioned more than a few times. This helped the photographs enormously.
• I want the large Mulberry bag changing bag that J brought. Even though I have no babies now. It’s just a whole lotta Mulberry to love :)
Featured on Letthekids.com